Following the untimely passing of Carl Wilson in 1998, the surviving members of The Beach Boys split up into the different tours listed below. The Beach Boys reunited in 2012 for a major worldwide 50th Anniversary Celebration tour, which ended on September 28, 2012. If any new reunion tours occur, they will be listed first. All other tours are listed by the individual BBs (Brian Wilson, Mike Love and Bruce Johnston, Alan Jardine, David Marks) heading and/or taking part in them.
In addition, Mike Love has licensed the Beach Boys' name for his tour with Bruce Johnston, so there may be some confusion. We'll endeavor to keep these dates sorted from reunion dates as best we can. Former BB Blondie Chaplin sometimes tours as part of the Rolling Stones' band and fellow ex-BB Ricky Fataar currently tours as Bonnie Raitt's drummer. Dates for the newly-formed BB's family off-shoot band, California Saga, are also being listed here.
All tour dates are subject to change. An asterisk (*) indicates a date confirmed by BRI, two asterisks (**) indicate a confirmed date from another source. BBFC does not list private show dates. For a comprehensive listing of songs performed in The Beach Boys' and their spinoff acts' past shows (1962 through present day), visit Eric Anniversario's setlist archive.
THE BEACH BOYS: 50th Anniversary Celebration Tour
The Beach Boys — Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Alan Jardine, Bruce Johnston, and David Marks — celebrated the 50th anniversary since the release of their first album with a big reunion tour in 2012. Their backing band included Jeffrey Foskett, Scott Totten, Paul von Mertens, Scott Bennett, Nelson Bragg, John Cowsill, Mike d'Amico, Probyn Gregory, Darian Sahanaja, and Nick Waluska.
- Thank you so much for doing the 50th anniversary reunion tour, guys — that was truly splendid! Please consider “doin' it again” soon!
Brian Wilson tours with a large backing group (the “Brian Wilson Band”) which includes Jeffrey Foskett; The Wondermints' Darian Sanahaja, Nick Walusko, Probyn Gregory, Mike D'Amico; Scott Bennett; Paul von Mertens; Brett Simons; and Nelson Bragg, sometimes augmented by the Stockholm String & Horns. Fellow BBs Al Jardine and David Marks have also been touring with Brian this year. Please check Brian's website and New Surf for updates and more details. Tour merchandise is available from Brian's site.
- Please watch this space for new dates.
MIKE LOVE & BRUCE JOHNSTON
Mike Love has licensed the Beach Boys' name for his tour, which also features fellow Beach Boy Bruce Johnston. Please note that Mike and Bruce are the ONLY Beach Boys on this tour. The duo's backup band includes Randell Kirsch, John Cowsill, Tim Bonhomme, Christian Love, and Scott Totten. (See also the BB Band website.).
- Dec. 13 — Reading, PA (Sovereign PAC)*
- Dec. 14 — Tarrytown, NY (Tarrytown Music Hall)*
- Dec. 15 — Glenside, PA (Keswick)*
- Dec. 17 — New Brunswick, NJ (State Theatre)*
- Dec. 19 — Park City, KS (Hartman Arena)*
- Jan. 10, 2014 — Maui, HI (Cultural Center)*
- Jan. 12 — Honolulu, HI (Arena's 50th Anniversary)*
- Jan. 18 — Houston, TX (Arena Theater)*
- Jan. 19 — Austin, TX (ACL Live Theater)*
- Feb. 16 — Melbourne, FL (Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, 7 p.m.)
- April 11 — Torrington, CT (Warner Theatre)
- May 22-26 — Louisville, KY (Abbey Road on the River, actual show date tba)
- Sept. 19 — Belleville, IL (downtown Belleville, Bicentennial Weekend Celebration)
Al Jardine and the Endless Summer Band features Matt Jardine on vocals and percussion, Adam Jardine on vocals, Billy Hinsche on keyboard, Ed Carter on bass, Bobby Figueroa on drums, Tom Jacob on keyboard and organ, and Richie Cannata on sax.
Al also plays some shows with the Surf City Allstars, along with David Marks and/or Dean Torrence in a configuration called The Legends of Surf Music. Al and David have also been touring with Brian Wilson recently.
- Feb. 7 — New York City, NY (Rubin Museum of Art, Al Jardine and Friends: Transcendental Music)**
David Marks currently tours with the Surf City Allstars, along with Al Jardine and/or Dean Torrence in a configuration called The Legends of Surf Music. Additionally, David does solo shows with his band, the Summertime Blues, featuring David Logeman, Jez Graham, and Del Baroni. David has also been touring with Brian Wilson and Al Jardinerecently.
- May 17, 2014 — Hickory, NC (P.E. Monroe Auditorium, Lenoir-Rhyne University, with the Surf City Allstars)**
Tour dates for Blondie Chaplin include:
- Dec. 14 — Laguna Beach, CA (Mozambique)**
- Dec. 20 — San Francisco, CA (The Fillmore, special guest of Los Lobos)**
- Feb. 11 — New York City, NY (Cutting Room, Young Presidents' CD release party)**
The Beach Boys' offspring have joined together to form a new next-generation band, California Saga, to honor their parents' legacy and write a new chapter in the extended BB family's musical saga. This group of seasoned musical vets includes Carnie and Wendy Wilson (Brian Wilson's daughters), Christian and Ambha Love (Mike Love's son and daughter), Justyn Wilson (Carl Wilson's son), Carl B. Wilson (Dennis Wilson's son), and Matt and Adam Jardine (Alan Jardine's sons). Billy Hinsche (Justyn's uncle) and Rob Bonfiglio (Carnie's husband) head up the supporting band. One of California Saga's focuses will be on the lesser-heard songs in the BB's canon. (Carnie, Wendy, Matt, and Rob will also be on tour with Wilson Phillips this year.)
- Please watch this space for new dates.
Maintained by the webteam | Last updated December 11, 2013